Garden Fresh Herb Goat Cheese Ball
Hello cheese lovers! Need something special to freshen up your weekend? Us too!
Pick up some farm-fresh herbs (or hit up your local grocery store) and craft your own artisan cheese ball in no time. Chef Mike shares one of his favorite So Damn Gouda recipes below.
Fresh Herb Goat Cheese Ball
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz chèvre (goat) cheese, crumbled
- zest of one lemon
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoon teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- dash of hot sauce
In medium bowl, mix softened cream cheese, goat cheese, lemon zest, chives, salt, pepper, hot sauce and about 80% of the fresh herbs. Save some fresh herbs and all the nuts for step 2. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Working quickly, shape mixture into a ball.
Once chilled, remove ball from refrigerator. In a separate bowl, mix walnuts and remaining fresh herbs. Roll cheese ball in walnut and herb mixture to coat.
Possible Wine Pairings:
- A crisp Rose such as Domaine De Fontsainte
- A dry sparkling Rose such as Navaran Brut Rosado
- A light white such as Nortico Alvarignho
Published by So Damn Gouda Cheese Shop, Denver CO - www.sodamngouda.com
Like cheese puns?
News, events, jokes about cheese and more straight to your inbox. Could it get any cheddar than this?